Monday, October 19, 2020

Fecal Examination Microscope Slide


Quick project 

A few months ago I had a friend approach me about the idea of examining the fecal matter of a goat to see if the goat had worms by looking for eggs. After some research I found out they do manufacture such a slide, but I thought they were a tad expensive. The design is relatively simple with it mostly being a counting square in the center wedged between two slides.

I took a microscope slide and as close as possibly engraved a counting square in the center of the slide. After it was done to make it more visible I filled the engraving with blue ink.To to create a space in between the two slides I simply broke the a slide into multiple pieces and sanded to the needed size.

A small drop of adhesive holds the two pieces in place. Decided to add an 3d printed casing to the ends to hide all my ugly glueing.

This slide probably won't work as well the official version but if it works well enough for me to count eggs then it did its job well.

Thanks for reading 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adding a data port to a Spectrophotometer 721

So as you all know I have recently purchased a cheap spectrophotometer , I thought it could be useful in the lab for some biology projects I...