Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Custom Vivarium Lamp

So you probably already read my Vivarium build well as much as I love the Vivarium,  I would like to provide it better lighting and have it near my chair. So here we go , I started this build by drawing a simple pixel art of what I wanted (I just like doing it for all my projects).
The main parts of the project are as follows:

• Two round modules for mounting the LED strips
• Oak base
•Led strips
•Mount to hold the metal square tube 
•Cap

The round modules are probably the most complex part of the build mostly because you have to take into account for the leds strips, wiring and attaching it to the 19mm square tube. Took me two tries to get it just right but in the end it worked out beautifully. All the CAD work was done tinkercad. 
 
Originally I was going to cut a hole into the oak to hold the 19mm square tube but I decided to go the easier route and just 3d print a holder for it.
(At this point I simply need to drill a few holes and wire the led strips)

I didn't think it was going to be to bright but turned out I was wrong. So I built a simple shade to cover the brightest parts of the light. The leds get slightly warm which provide heat to the terrariumm






No comments:

Post a Comment

Adding a data port to a Spectrophotometer 721

So as you all know I have recently purchased a cheap spectrophotometer , I thought it could be useful in the lab for some biology projects I...